Time: 17:00 - 18:30
Author(s): Albert Gräf
Keywords: data-flow, pd, pd-l2ork, pd-lua
Abstract: This hands-on workshop is intended for Pd and Linux audio users who want to start using Purr Data. For an introduction to Purr Data, please check our LAC17 presentation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1wo496Zx0s) and the Quick Introduction (https://agraef.github.io/purr-data-intro). Topics of the 90 min workshop vary from the basics to the moderately advanced and include:
- Getting a minimal Purr Data installation up and running quickly on Linux (compiling from source).
- First-time setup (configuring MIDI and audio devices, setting up Pd-Lua).
- Real-time audio and MIDI processing, making music with Purr Data.
- Programming new objects (a.k.a. Pd externals) the easy way with Pd-Lua (https://github.com/agraef/pd-lua).
- Custom graphics and data structure visualizations in Purr Data.