Call for Papers
We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio processing based on Linux and open source software. Papers can focus on technical, artistic or scientific issues and can target developers or users. This includes (but is not limited to) the following categories:
- Music production tools
- Audio and DSP languages
- Drivers, system and sound architecture
- Standards and interfaces
- Audio distributions
- Documentation and educational issues
- Projects realised using Linux Audio
Papers should be written and presented in English.
In general talks should take 20–30 minutes followed by 5 minutes discussion.
The length of a paper should be 4 to 8 pages. Papers should have up to
5 keywords and include an abstract of 50 to 100 words. The abstract will be
published on the conference website once the paper has been accepted. The full
be available on the website after the conference.
All papers are peer reviewed by a committee of experts in different disciplines. The reviewers may suggest improvements to the author(s), or require changes in order for the paper to be accepted.
How to submit
- The deadline for paper submission is Thursday, January 15, 2009, 24:00 UTC (This is equal to Friday, January 16, 2009, 0:00 UTC).
- Do not send papers via email as with past conferences, instead please use the paper upload form in our conference management system.
- File format is PDF, formatted for A4 paper. Make use of the templates for paper formatting available on the download page.
- Authors of papers selected to be included in the printed conference proceedings may also have to supply supplemental material like illustrations needed to layout the printed proceedings separately.
Please notify us if you need a special technical setup for your presentation. The standard setup will be:
- microphone or head set
- projector with XVGA input (resolution 1024×768)
- stereo playback with mini jack input
Also, if you are not able to bring your laptop along with you, please notify us in advance.
- 15.January 2009: Paper submission deadline
- 9.February 2009: Notification of acceptance
- 20.February 2009: Camera ready version deadline