APPLICATIONS USING JACK
- AlsaPlayer, a "new type of pcm player".
Can play mp3s, oggs, cds, among other audio file formats. Thanks go to Andy Lo-A-Foe for
releasing the first application with support for Jack!
- ecasound, a "software package designed for multitrack audio
processing". Check the original release announcement here.
- ardour, a "multichannel hard disk recorder and
digital audio workstation". Ardour will also be able to act as a patch bay for jack applications.
- freqtweak, a
frequency domain FX box. This is one of the coolest FX boxes you may ever use.
- meterbridge, a
nice VU-style meter to watch signal levels on arbitrary JACK ports.
- Rosegarden, a
sophisticated MIDI (and audio) sequencer and notation editor
- icsound, a
version of the famous and infinitely flexible Csound
- Spiral Synth Modular, a
cool and expandable modular synthesizer.
- rtsynth, a reliable,
if plain, multi-oscillator synthesizer
- MusE, a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and
- IIWU Synth, a real-time software synthesizer
based on the Soundfont2 specifications. You will need version 0.2.2 or above.
- Simsam, a simple MIDI sample playback program.
- AlsaModularSynth, a realtime modular
synthesizer and effect processor. You will need version 1.5.3c or above.
- JACK Rack, a LADSPA effects rack for
- amSynth, an analogue-modelling soft synth.
- Wine, an application that lets you run and recompile
Windows applications under Linux.
- xmms-jack, an XMMS audio output plugin for jack.
- JACK Timemachine, an application that constantly
records signals coming in on its inputs, waiting for you to press record. When you do it writes the last ten
seconds to disk and keeps recording.
- Ecamegapedal, a real-time effect
processor. Version 0.4.0 or above.
- gAlan, a modular synthesiser, drum-machine, sequencer
and effects-unit. Version 0.3.0-test1 or above.
a library that allows to access the jack audio server in asynchronous mode.
CVS: "cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com/demudi co libjackasyn"
- QJackConnect, a QT based patchbay for jack.
- bio2jack, a library that allows for simple porting of
blocked io OSS/ALSA audio applications to Jack.
- ZynAddSubFX, a software synthesizer.
- Hydrogen, a pattern based drum machine.
- BruteFIR, a software convolution engine.
- LADCCA, a session management system for JACK and ALSA audio
- ALSA Patch Bay, a graphical patch bay for ALSA
- jMax, a visual programming environment for building
interactive real-time musical and multimedia applications. Version 4.0.1 or above.
- Soundtracker, a music tracker similar to FastTracker and
ProTracker. Version 0.6.7pre1 or above.
- LegaSynth, an old chip/synthesizer emulator.
- tapiir, an audio effects processor inspired
on the classical magnetic tape delay systems. Version 0.7.0 or above.
- polarbear, a tool for designing filters
in the complex domain. Version 0.5.0 or above.
- ReZound, a graphical audio editor. Version 0.7.0 or above.
- Octavian, a realtime software synthesizer.