First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
In the beginning...
Linux @ CCRMA:
- small disks in the workstations: most extra software lived in the main server
- as hard disks grew in size, extra software started migrating to the workstations
- rpm packages were slowly created for the additional software that did not come with RedHat
- sound drivers: voxware, oss (4front), alsa 0.5, alsa 0.9
- kernel: custom low latency kernels, first just a tarfile with a monolitic kernel, then custom rpms